Principle and function of inverter soft start
- Principle of inverter soft start:
1.Inverter soft start means that the voltage is gradually increased from zero to the rated voltage, so that there is no impact torque in the whole process of starting the motor, but a smooth start-up operation.
2.The soft starter is a novel motor control device that integrates motor soft start, soft stop, and multiple protection functions. Its main composition is a three-phase parallel thyristor and its electronic control circuit connected in series between the power supply and the controlled motor. Use different methods to control the conduction angle of the three-phase inverted parallel thyristor, so that the input voltage of the controlled motor changes according to different requirements, and different functions can be realized.
- The function of the inverter soft start function:
1.At the moment when the inverter is powered on, the inverter is powered, but there will be a delay of about 2 seconds when outputting 220V. The voltage will not reach 220V immediately, but will slowly rise from 100V to 220V, yes. Protection of the inverter itself.
2.For example, a normal inverter with 1000W power will output 1000W when the inverter is powered on. If it is a soft start, the output will continue to rise, 700W-800W-900W-1000W.
What is the advantage of lithium battery?
- 1. The energy ratio is relatively high. With high storage energy density, it has reached 460-600Wh/kg, which is about 6-7 times that of lead-acid batteries;
- 2. The service life is long, and the service life can reach more than 6 years. The battery with lithium iron phosphate as the positive electrode is charged and discharged at 1C (100% DOD), and has a record of 10,000 times of use;
- 3. The rated voltage is high (the single working voltage is 3.7V or 3.2V), which is approximately equal to the series voltage of 3 nickel-cadmium or nickel-metal hydride rechargeable batteries, which is convenient to form a battery power pack;
- 4. With high power endurance, the lithium iron phosphate lithium ion battery used in electric vehicles can reach 15-30C charge and discharge capacity, which is convenient for high-intensity start-up acceleration;
- 5. The self-discharge rate is very low, which is one of the most prominent advantages of the battery. Currently, it can generally achieve less than 1%/month, which is less than 1/20 of the nickel-hydrogen battery;
- 6. Light weight, the weight is about 1/5-6 of the lead-acid product under the same volume;
- 7. Strong adaptability to high and low temperature, it can be used in the environment of -20℃--60℃, after the process is processed, it can be used in the environment of -45℃;
- 8. Green and environmental protection, no matter it is produced, used or scrapped, it does not contain or produce any toxic and harmful heavy metal elements and substances such as lead, mercury, cadmium, etc；
- 9. Production basically does not consume water, which is very beneficial to countries that lack water.
How to divide low frequency UPS and high frequency UPS ？
Colloquially speaking, The UPS contains isolation transformer UPS called Low frequency UPS, there is no transformer UPS is high-frequency UPS
The advantages and disadvantages of respective are as follows:
- 1-High-frequency UPS: Using high-frequency switching technology to replace the UPS power supply of the power frequency transformer in the rectifier and inverter with high-frequency switching components, commonly known as high-frequency UPS, high-frequency UPS is small in size and high in efficiency.
- 2-Low frequency UPS: UPS power supply using low frequency transformer as rectifier and inverter components that is commonly called low frequency UPS. The main power components features are stable and reliable , strong overload capacity,anti-impact ,anti-interference ability, and strong load capacity.
- 3-The high frequency UPS power supply does not have an isolation transformer, and its output zero line has high-frequency current, mainly from harmonic interference of the mains grid, UPS rectifier, high-frequency inverter ripple current and harmonic interference of the load, etc., and its interference voltage value is not only high and difficult to eliminate.The output of the low frequency UPS power supply has a lower zero ground voltage, and there is no high frequency component, which is more important for the communication security of the computer network.
- 4-The high frequency UPS power supply is small in size, light in weight, low in price, that is suitable for small power equipment protection at a single working point.High frequency UPS is insensitive to interference-insensitive equipment and reliability.The low frequency UPS is suitable for all equipment protection. Whether it is a network point equipment or an IDC (data center), the reliability is high.But the low frequency UPS has the disadvantages of large volume, heavy weight and high price.
- 5-The high frequency UPS power supply adopts IGBT rectification and inverter, and does not need the output transformer to boost, so there is no output isolation transformer. the volume is also relatively small and suitable for low-power power supply.The low frequency UPS power supply adopts thyristor rectification. After the inverter, it needs to be boosted by the transformer to supply power normally. Therefore, there is an output isolation transformer, the transformer volume is also relatively large, which is suitable for high power supply.
Comprehensive Comparison Between Lithium Batteries and Lead-Acid Batteries
How to use the inverter correctly?
Issues that need to be paid attention to when using the inverter:
- The DC voltage must be consistent
Each inverter has a DC voltage value, such as 12V, 24V, etc. It is required that the battery voltage selected must be consistent with the DC input voltage of the inverter. For example, a 12V battery must be selected for a 12V inverter.
- The output power of the inverter must be greater than the power used by the electrical appliances, especially for electrical appliances with high power when starting, such as refrigerators and air conditioners, a larger margin should be left.
- The positive and negative poles must be connected correctly
The DC voltage connected to the inverter is marked with positive and negative poles. Red is positive (+), black is negative (-), the battery is also marked with positive and negative, red is positive (+), black is negative (-), must be connected to positive (red to red), negative Connect negative (black connect black). The diameter of the connecting wire must be thick enough, and the length of the connecting wire must be reduced as much as possible.
- It should be placed in a ventilated and dry place, beware of rain, and have a distance of more than 500px from surrounding objects, away from flammable and explosive materials, and do not place or cover other objects on the machine. The use environment temperature is not more than 40℃ .
- Charging and inverter cannot be performed at the same time. That is, do not insert the charging plug into the electrical circuit of the inverter output during inverter.
- The interval between two startups is not less than 5 seconds (cut off the input power).
- Please wipe with a dry cloth or anti-static cloth to keep the machine tidy.
- Before connecting the input and output of the machine, please ground the casing of the machine correctly.
- In order to avoid accidents, it is strictly forbidden for users to open the case for operation and use.
When you suspect that the machine is malfunctioning, please do not continue to operate and use it.
- When connecting the battery, make sure that there are no other metal objects on your hands to avoid short circuit of the battery and burn the human body.
- The use environment, based on safety and performance considerations, the installation environment should have the following conditions:
1) Dry: not soaking or raining;
2) Shady and cool: the temperature is between 0℃ and 40℃;
3) Ventilation: Keep no foreign matter within 5cm on the shell, and the other end faces are well ventilated.
Shenzhen UPSEN Electronic CO., LTD.
Sale Hotline: +86-755-29610051
Sale Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to maintain UPS?
- 1. Maintenance of the venue
(1)When installing and using UPS, the temperature of the installation and use environment should be 0~40℃, and the relative humidity should be 30%~90%.
(2)If the temperature is lower than 0°C or damp, the insulation performance of the UPS power supply will decrease, which will easily cause a short circuit. At the same time, it may also cause corrosion and rust on the connectors of the UPS power supply and other equipment, electrical connection screws, component pins, and solder joints.
(3)Altitude>1000m, derate 10% for every 1000m drop.
(4)Do not place strong magnetic objects on the UPS, otherwise it will cause the UPS to work abnormally or damage the machine.
- 2.The maintenance of the battery
The battery is a UPS as a device for storing electrical energy, and the size of the capacity determines the sustaining discharge time.
(1) Maintain a suitable ambient temperature
Considering all aspects, UPS uninterruptible power supplies generally use maintenance-free lead-acid batteries with a life span of about 5 years. The battery operating environment temperature is between 20~25℃. Once it exceeds 25℃, every 10℃ increase will reduce the battery life by half.
(2) Regular charging and discharging of the battery
In an environment where mains power outages rarely occur, the battery will be in a floating charge state for a long time, which will lead to a decrease in the activity of the battery's chemical energy and electrical energy conversion, accelerating aging and shortening its service life. Therefore, it should be completely discharged every 2-3 months, and the discharge time can be determined according to the capacity of the battery and the size of the load. After a full-load discharge is completed, charge it for more than 8 hours according to regulations.
Do you know there are several types of UPS?
UPS can be broadly divided into three types: Off Line, Online and Line interactive.
- What is an offline uninterruptible power supply (OffLine UPS)
The offline uninterruptible power supply is shown above. Normally, the electricity is supplied directly to the load via a bypass. Only in the event of a power failure does the battery energy convert to AC to provide power to the load through an inverter. Features of offline uninterruptible power supplies:
When the current power is normal, offline UPS does not have any treatment of the power and directly output to the load, so the ability to suppress the electrified noise and surge is poor;
There is a conversion time;
The worst protection performance;
Simple structure, small size, light weight, easy control, low cost
- What is an on-line uninterruptible power supply (On-Line UPS)
The online UPS is normally powered to the load by an inverter output and is only converted to a bypass output to the load if the UPS fails, overloads, or overheats. Features of online UPS:
The output power is processed by UPS, and the output power supply quality is the highest.
No conversion time;
Complex structure, high cost;
The best protection performance and the strongest resistance to electrified noise and surges.
- what is the online interactive uninterruptible power supply (Line interactive UPS)
Online interactive UPS is usually output to the load by bypass transformer, and the inverter is now used as a charger. When power is lost, the inverter converts battery energy to AC output to the load.
Features of online interactive UPS:
With bidirectional converter design, UPS battery recharge time is short;
There is a conversion time;
The control structure is complex and the cost is high.
Protection is between online and offline UPS, and the suppression of electrified noise and surges is poor.
How to buy a suitable UPS that you need?
If you want to buy a UPS that suits your needs, you have to consider many factors, the most important of which is to determine the power of the UPS, and then determine the type of UPS according to the load and grid environment.
UPS types are divided into: online UPS, interactive UPS, Backup UPS. Choose the installation method according to the use environment, tower UPS and rack UPS.
These are several more important factors. Others can also consider the manufacturer’s service capacity, battery life, etc. I think the right choice The power of the UPS is very important, because if the occasion is small, a high-power UPS will be wasted. For small occasions such as an office or one or two servers, a small power is enough, and there is no need to use too much power.
Now there are many brands of low-power UPS available, and various manufacturers have corresponding products. For example, UPSEN has several Online UPS like: DC UPS, Queen Star, Century Star these models, the cost performance is reasonable, the reliability and environmental adaptability are also really good.
Notes for using lead acid battery
How to improve the reliability of UPS ?
- Add parallel battery packs：UPS using a single set of series batteries are more risky for normal power supply loads.
When connected in series, if there is a problem with one battery, it will affect the discharge of the entire battery pack, which will cause the UPS to fail to supply power.
When connected in parallel, if one of the battery packs fails, but the UPS can still be powered by another normal battery pack for a period of time, so that there is time to connect the standby generator to supply power or time to shut down the load device.
- The installation of diesel generators: battery power can only solve the urgent need for a moment.
If you face a long power outage, even the longest battery pack may not work. Therefore, in the case of a long power outage, it is desirable to use a diesel generator as a backup power supply.
- Increase availability by installing an UPS
Redundant design logic not only applies to power protection schemes, but also to UPS designs. Building multiple power paths in a power supply design can radically improve system reliability.
How do I determine the Total Backup Time?
For a fixed load, the total backup time is determined by the capacity of the batteries installed. The type of batteries (& their condition) will also have an effect on the backup time. Different batteries may have similar amp-hour ratings, but may differ in their performance. One key factor is the rated depth of discharge of the battery (ie how deep can the battery safely discharge without getting damaged). This can vary from about 20% to about 80% for the best batteries.
How Solar Inverters Work?
Most solar photovoltaic (PV) systems can't function without an inverter, but what are inverters, really? Essentially, an inverter is a large component within the solar system that converts direct current (DC) electricity into alternating current (AC) electricity. It also provides real-time net metering, sends information to the remote monitoring system and regulates whether a building’s energy is drawn from the solar panels or the local utility company.
What is the difference between modified sine wave and pure sine wave?
Inverters have either modified sine wave (square wave) or pure sine wave output.
Pure Sine wave Inverter
This is the best output waveform you can get out of an inverter and all appliances are able to run off it without interference or overheating. Some of its advantages are as follows:
Modified Sine wave Inverter
The Modified sine wave inverter has limitations. These are some of the appliances that may experience problems when running off Modified Sine wave inverters:
It is definitely advantageous to use a pure sine wave inverter as a pure sine wave inverter can basically run any type of equipment in contrast to a modified sine wave / step square wave inverter.
USING A LASER PRINTER WITH A POWER INVERTER
A laser printer generally requires a pure sine wave inverter capable of producing at least 3 times the continuous wattage rating of the printer. For instance, a laser printer rated at 500 watts requires an inverter rated at 1500 watts continuous or higher.
An inkjet printer does not maintain the same requirements as a laser printer. Inkjet printers can be operated normally with a modified sine wave inverter rated to handle the printers wattage requirement.
What are the two major functions of UPS?
Two major features of UPS:
1. Emergency use: Prevent accidental power outages that affect normal work.
2. Regular daily use: eliminate power surges, instantaneous high voltage, instantaneous low-voltage, wire noise and frequency offset, such as pollution, improve power quality, provide high-quality power supply.
The use of our high quality UPSEN UPS power products can solve two common aspects of the problems accidental power outages and poor quality of mains can cause.
Our superior online UPS, has the latest three-level inverter control technology, DSP+IGBT technology, dual-transform on-line, emergency power off function and more.
Our UPS power supply products can provide timely power supply, to ensure data protection and unhindered work.
For UPS usage of major functions, UPSEN will provide UPS safety and handling training experience for new and old customers to learn:
1. How to avoid battery depth discharge caused by light loads, reducing the battery service life.
2. How proper discharge is helpful to the care of the battery, and how to prolong battery life.
3. How small UPS products can be used in work environments safely, and the correct manner of product storage.